No classes - Labor Day + altered schedule
Today's PowerPoint: pe_week_4.pptx
Topic(s): The Overload Principle (Progressive Overload)
Learning Target(s): I can explain The Overload Principle and apply it to my workouts.
Vocabulary: progressive, overload, adapt
1. Water Bottle Challenge:
2. Black Panther Workout:
3. Breathing Exercise:
4. The Overload Principle:
Offline Assignment: BE ACTIVE and record your physical activity on your weekly log - Due in CTLS by Sunday
Topic(s): FITT Principle
Learning Target(s): I can explain the FITT Principle and apply it to my workouts.
Vocabulary: frequency, intensity, time, type
Weekly document: pe_week_3.docx:
Agenda: Download this week's document (above) and complete all TASKS for today.
Offline Assignment: Complete Box #7 of your 30-Day Fitness Challenge
Topic(s): Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE / ROPE)
Learning Target(s): I can explain the RPE Scale and apply it to my workouts.
Vocabulary: intensity level
Agenda: Use same weekly download document from Monday/Tuesday class(above)
2. The Hunter Workout - 3 sets - youtu.be/RDYmhs0pdTY
3. Archery Assignment - Link is in Lesson Resources for the Archery Digital Session
4. Finish and turn in any assignments from last week
Offline Assignment: Complete Box #3 of your 30-Day Fitness Challenge. If you want more of a challenge, add more reps to your workout!
Topic(s): Components of Fitness
Access today's lesson and assignments in this PowerPoint: components_of_fitness_ppt.pptx
Complete Box #4 of your 30-Day Fitness Challenge. If you want more of a challenge, add more reps to your workout! Complete this week's reflection in CTLS: week_2_reflection.docx
Topic(s): Back to school
Offline Assignment: You will work on the 30-Day Fitness Challenge. For details and resources, see the "Async" tab on the right of the page under Resources.
Topic(s): What is fitness?
1. Troubleshooting - schedule, CTLS, class blog
2. What do you think of when you hear the word fitness?
3. Warm-up: 10 arm circles, 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats
4. Take the Darebee Fitness Test: darebee.com/fitness-test.html
5. Periods 2, 4, 6 - Record your test results here: forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=-x3OL5-ROEmquMR_D8kYLb6LV57lfhdOvemfbRpYt7pUQllNRkxLWUNSU0dYNk1MT1lSSlRTTVc1QS4u
6. Periods 3, 5, 7 - Record your test results here: forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=-x3OL5-ROEmquMR_D8kYLb6LV57lfhdOvemfbRpYt7pUMTVTUFk1RzhYVkFSQ0tKWElISlhBVVdKNi4u
7. Quick workout at your fitness level - Your level is determined by today's fitness test. The higher the level, the more sets you do.
Offline Assignment: Email me Week #1 Reflection and answer the following questions:
1. Why did you pick the 30-Day Fitness Challenge you picked?
2. How did the first two workouts go? How did you feel during/after them?
3. How are you feeling in general at the end of this first week of school?
4. What is one SPECIFIC goal you have for next week? This doesn't have to be about PE class. Be very specific. Don't say general things like, "do better."