Weekly Learning Target(s):
TUESDAY / WEDNESDAY
1. Numbers practice activities
2. ¿Cuántos hay?
3. Basic math - if there's time
HW: Do each of the 4 Quia activities a minimum of one time (or more if you want more practice)
Offline Assignments: 4 VHL Activities (related to numbers)
No escuela - Labor Day
Today's PowerPoint: span_9-8-2020.pptx
Weekly Learning Target(s)
1. Alfabeto - review and practice spelling
2. Nouns and articles - review and practice making singular nouns plural
3. Cognates - review and practice translating sentences
1. Quizlet - review nouns and articles set one-time through
2. Quizlet - play Gravity 3 times on medium level. Increase to hard if you'd like.
3. Complete VHL activities
Notified students - Zoom at 12:00
Class drop-in - Zoom at 12:15
1. Keep reviewing your alphabet & nouns and articles vocab lists
2. Complete VHL Cultural Reading & Dictado
Today's PowerPoint: sep_10_-_nouns_and_articles.pptx
1. Alphabet practice: ¿Cómo se escribe…?
1. Practice Quiz (if not finished or done in class) - use link above
2. Keep studying Quizlet terms and notes - Quiz on Tuesday over nouns and articles/cognates/alphabet
1. Review Quizlet terms and notes - Quiz on Tuesday
2. Complete assigned VHL activities
1. Palomitas - popcorn chat
2. Feedback for you from your work so far
3. Reading comprehension activity
4. Te presento a mi amigo de AUFC
5. Partner Chat on VHL
HW: VHL Assignments
Offline Assignments: Take quiz in VHL tomorrow - must be done by midnight & VHL alphabet assignments
30-min Practice - if CTLS is down, meet in TEAMS: Spanish 1 with Coach Mack
1. Review Spanish alphabet (in Lesson Resources)
2. Practice spelling words - listening to Coach Mack and write what you hear
3. Spanish nouns and articles + gender
1. What words do you already know in Spanish? - Brainstorm!
2. Introduce the Unit 1 theme - look at opening pic & answer questions
3. Go over Unit 1 Communication Goals
4. Introduce into conversation vocabulary - this is not your entire vocab list, but we're focusing on now
HW; Complete 9 VHL assignments
Offline Assignment: 4 VHL assignments (accessible tomorrow)
WEDNESDAY- 30 MIN PRACTICE SESSION
1. Review target questions: ¿Cómo te llamas? ¿Cómo estás? ¿De dónde eres?
2. Conversation practice with script- group popcorn style
3. Class assignment – students complete in CTLS (15 minute time limit)
4. Go over answers together
5. Explain HW assignment – any questions?
HW: Complete and submit Greetings Practice Conversation assignment posted in CTLS
Offline Assignment: 4 VHL assignments + keep reviewing Quizlet terms - First quiz will be next week (Tue)
Essential Question: What does online class look like? How do we function in this format?
Async Assignment: Complete VHL tutorial activity - due by Thursday
Essential Question: Why is it important to learn another language?
Async Assignment: Complete reflection assignment in CTLS.